Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Beautiful September Afternoon



  I love fall.   Marching bands practicing, football games, the promise of cooler weather all help to make it my favorite season.   I spent this afternoon with Sanna.  We drove from Madison to Brookings, taking the back roads as opposed to the interstate.   What a beautiful drive!   I had no idea this area even existed.   We saw dozens of pelicans, some turtles sunning themselves, frogs quickly hopping out of our way and my favorites, Blue Herons.   We couldn't get close enough to get any pictures of the herons but I saw several including one standing right on the shoulder of the road with a fish in it's mouth.   We enjoyed being in the sunshine, watching the amazing birds and just being together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment